This position requires managing and executing fabrication of electrical utility grid: protection, control and telecommunication systems, as well industrial/municipal shop-floor (PLC/SCADA) automation projects. The Project Manager will work with programmers, control designers, technicians, panel shop, general staff and clients to understand the project needs and system requirements to execute the project deliverables on-time and within estimate.
As an experienced professional, you will pay attention to details, plan, execute projects according to strict deadlines and within budget for software and control panel scope. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of your direct Team members.
Typical Tasks Include:
- Review contract documents and specifications to gain an understanding of project scope and timeline.
- Help formulate RTS’s proposal and project estimate
- Lead project kick-off meetings, detailing all requirements of the project as assessed during the estimating phase.
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities with deadlines to the appropriate personnel.
- Setting and continually managing project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Focus resources on maximizing monthly deliverables and invoicing
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and delivering contingency plans. Assess and control project risks.
- Developing and growing business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conducting project post-mortems and creating recommendation reports identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Work effectively with other team members and maintain positive morale and a sense of teamwork.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Developing best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion. Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Attending site meetings as required
- Technical personnel management when required
- Identify business development and “add-on, Change Order” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Hold regular status meetings with clients, project team and senior management.
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members.
- Assuring project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Evolving documented ISO9001:2015 best practices and tools for optimized project execution and management.
- CSA and UL electrical standards knowledge an asset.
- PMP designation and Bachelor of Electrical Engineering an asset
- Live our Credo and Values culture, INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Working from our Toronto, Ontario, Canada office. Limited remote work is a possibility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com