RTS is expanding into the Utility, Protection, Control and Telecommunications (PCT) supply business. As such, we are looking for a qualified person to spearhead this initiative and lead the department/business working with our Project Sales Manager to grow the business. RTS’s immediate requirement is for a Project Manager/Administrator who can manage shop-floor automation projects within the municipal and industrial sectors. As the PCT business increases, you will be expected to focus most of your time to ensure the PCT business is successful and profitable.
As an experienced professional, you will plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of the team members as well as third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the project according to the plan.
Typical Tasks May Include
- Executing Municipal Instrumentation & Controls projects
- Municipal documents/specifications detailed reviews
- Setting and continually managing project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities to the appropriate personnel.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying potential crises and delivering contingency plans. Assess and control project risks.
- Developing and growing any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conducting project Post-Mortems and creating recommendations reports identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and switch quickly and comfortably between projects as determined by client needs.
- Work effectively with other team members and maintain positive morale and a sense of teamwork.
- Producing FAT and SAT documents and conducting or managing the associated tests.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Developing best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion. Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Estimating and understanding tenders
- Attending site meetings as required
- Conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Flexible during times of change.
- Technical personnel management
- Experience with start-up and commissioning of SAS PCT systems
- Generating written documentation, based upon performed project estimates, clearly identifying the detailed scope of work/supply quoted any exceptions, total cost/cost breakdowns, project timelines, resource maps, financial statements and applicable notes.
- Assuring project legal documents are completed and signed. Identify business development and “add-on, Change Order” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- CSA and UL electrical standards knowledge.
- Lead project kick-off meetings, after awarding of successful quotations, detailing all requirements of the project as assessed during the estimating phase.
- Hold regular status meetings with clients, project team and senior management.
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Working from our Toronto, Ontario, Canada office.